Monday, March 27, 2006

Baby

I don't think I had ever seen an alligator until I visited Florida. On our first trip we went to Gatorland Zoo and saw many 'gators of all shapes and sizes. Years later we re-visited the place, getting there around opening time so it was nice and quiet. They really are fascinating creatures, very beautiful and yes...even cute (this is of course coming from someone who does not have to chase them out of the garden). We were taking such an interest in them that one of the keepers invited us into the "hatching" shed where all the young 'gators of various ages were kept (not sure I want to know what happens to them from here). He then took one for a "walk" outside, this was as near as I could get before it ran the other way. I'm not sure how the human inhabitants of Florida regard their animal neighbours but I think they wonderful.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

What a lovely shot!
Great capture...

March 27, 2006 5:40 pm  
Blogger micki said...

They are facinating creatures with amazing strength and speed! This little one is cute, though.

March 28, 2006 2:35 am  
Blogger Jill said...

wow! he is kinda cute. I wonder how hard he bites??

March 28, 2006 8:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Cute! I want to cuddle with it...until it takes off a finger!

Nice capture- love the framing you've chosen.

March 29, 2006 9:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 31, 2006 11:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice, i like the contrast...it's too bad that in romania there are no aligators or crocodiles...i have seen one only once, in a pet exposition...

April 04, 2006 2:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home